[svlug] which distribution at installfest

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:55:24 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 25, 2008 11:36 AM, Chris Templeton <cbtempleton at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't look like they'll be an installfest at google this month
> according to what other posts I've seen.  I viewed the FAQ on the svlug
> website for popular distributions but once I came across the mention of OS2
> thought it might be a bit outdated.  Whats the recommended or most popular
> distribution people are installing for a desktop o/s.

I saw Mandrake and SUSE but also saw Ubuntu.  I know there are lots of
> distribution but just need to get one loaded and start learning to use linux
> maybe later I'll switch.

If you are talking about switching to Linux, the question for you Chris
Templeton is what your background is.  I am guessing that you are a new
simple end user, in which case I would recommend that you consider looking
at PClinuxOS, as it is what we are using for middle school students at one
particular public middle school in San Francisco on stand alone work
station.  We are also using Ubuntu, but IMHO PClinuxOS is more simple for
end users.