[svlug] svlug vs. svglug

likeyou dontknow a123456543212 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 16:39:16 PST 2008

It doesn't make much sense when there are indeed uses within the group to change the name to require the use of GNU. Furthermore I don't believe any of the Linux users that I know, don't know what the GNU has done. So insisting that it is called "GNU/Linux" mostly just makes it hard to say.

I can see why Stallman is unmoving in his assertion that if SVLUG wants him to talk there they need to change their name. Really if he wasn't unmoving about it he would probably be a pretty boring person for the head of the FSF and GNU.

This doesn't change the fact that SVLUG has been around by that name for quite some time. And changing it to SVGLUG would not be any more accurate. I would suggest no change in name. And if a change is insisted on, I would suggest something that perhaps suggest the use of open source, and doesn't connect itself to any particular group, as I expect that would be more accurate. Personally I like SVLUG. And Stallman is going to be speaking right down the road.

-Michael