[svlug] Confirming my position [was: Explaining the Election]

Lisa svlug at flygirl.com
Fri Jan 25 16:30:22 PST 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 02:42:25PM -0800, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> We have not resigned; we have accepted the judgment of the
> community that we weren't appointed, as we have clearly stated
> several times on this list. We are in complete agreement on
> having the election as planned, and we welcome the candidacies
> that Bruce and Alvin have announced. Anybody else?
>
>> Lisa hasn't.  So, we probably still currently have a VP,
>> at a minimum.
>
> Nope. Confirmed in direct conversation between Lisa and
> several other members.
>
> Even if the members agreed that you had that authority, which
> they don't, they wouldn't have accepted it as the final act of
> a despised administration. I thought I might be able to
> function as interim President, but it was borne in strongly
> upon me that it wasn't on, and that we don't need to have a
> President before the next meeting.

I'm just sending this to validate that I *do* concur with most
of what Ed said above.

I was perfectly *willing* to accept an appointment --- on the
condition that it be approved by the members.

I, like Ed, am more than willing to step aside should it not be
and I agreed (last night) that the organization could probably
function just fine without elected officers AT LEAST until the
6th.

So, while I have an interest in being VP (confirmed here, now),
I have no need to act as such before the 6th --- or even after,
if someone else is chosen.

I just want to move forward and feel like the *members* are okay
with the decisions made.

Lisa