[svlug] Explaining the Election

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jan 25 15:49:13 PST 2008

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> Note that Rick has done nothing with his admin powers against Paul
> during Paul's presidency, other than correcting some of Paul's errors
> in server configuration and the like. However, Rick  clearly and
> publicly declined to use his powers to do anything Paul asked of him,
> unless there is some other sound technical reason for doing so. (Rick,
> if I have mischaracterized your role, it was not by intention. Feel
> free to post corrections.)

Correct and well stated.  May I reserve a beer for you, by the way?  ;->

<hat="listadmin">
Were I directed to do so, I would immediately decline, explain why, and
step out of the way.  If someone else did it, I might explain to the
membership that something crazy just happened, and that I had nothing to
do with it.  But that's it.
</hat>

By the way, I might point out that Daniel, Lisa, Heather, Mark Weisler,
and Marc Merlin are also system admins.  I'm just the bloke who knows
most about GNU Mailman and SMTP.