[svlug] Black hats declare war on Scientology

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:20:41 PST 2008

hi

On Jan 25, 2008 10:58 AM, Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:

> begin Christian Einfeldt quotation of Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 08:38:39PM
> -0800:
>
> > But it will take someone with
> > these kinds of skills to really take it to Scientology.
>
> Actually, the legit Internet users are _winning_,
> using our Constitutionally protected powers of fair
> use and parody.

Right.  There are lots and lots

legitimate parodies on the page of the original Tom Cruise nutjob video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0&feature=related

And actually, if you look at the Anonymous video, it is permitted speech.
It is not a threat of any illegal activities.  Anon stays just this side of
"fighting words" which *can* be censored, according to Constitutional law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

And Anon has done a good job of getting publicity in mainstream media.

http://video.nbc11.com/player/?id=209221

Of course, that publicity is not all good.  Anon seems to be regarded with
considerable skepticism.  But that skepticism is being matched with greater
skepticism for the CoS cult.