[svlug] Explaining the Election

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:50:35 PST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 9:44 AM, Mark Weisler <mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us> wrote:
> On Friday 25 January 2008 01:03:44 Paul Reiber wrote:
[...]
> > Gee... I could SWEAR I had just appointed Ed and Lisa into those offices!
[...]
> To explain...   At last night's governance meeting [1] we decided that the
> best course of action would be to have an election [...]

Now I understand.

The official act of an SVLUG President does NOT supercede the
decisions of those
who've self-appointed themselves to a "Governance Committee" of their
own making.

Boy am I glad I'm just the Installfest Coordinator now... I'd hate to
try'n get anything
done as President under these conditions.

Best,
-Paul