[svlug] Officers

Chris DiBona cdibona at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:41:40 PST 2008

What the heck does google have to do with this groups malfunctions? We
(I paid for it) offered space and food for a while, never -ever-
promising that it would go on forever. Leave me, warren and Google out
of it.

Chris

On Jan 25, 2008 11:29 AM, Tom Pilot <hman_120 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Paul,
> Since you keep talking about power and rules:
>
> Power comes to those who contribute something that others need - in the case of this group, it needs: Google as a sponsor and a good list server admin.
>
> Warren could have used his google connection as a leverage but did not.
>
> The only rules that can be enforced are defacto rules. (rules that came about by default because they are convinent and happen to work)
>
> just the way the world works.
>
> If email cost money, there would be a lot less noise here. But its free and fun... also i suspect linux having become so easy to use, now warrants less technical attention so we focus so much on politics...
>
> ah  the turns the world makes :)

Open Source Programs Manager, Google Inc.
Google's Open Source program can be found at http://code.google.com
Personal Weblog: http://dibona.com