[svlug] Officers

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 02:22:53 PST 2008

> o  You requested me to do a rather _huge_ amount of writing work,
>    requesting that I post it here, and saying that you were making
>    that request as president.

Rick, if you don't mind, what were the details of this request?  What
did Ed ask you to write?  Also, in an earlier email, Ed wrote:

> Rick, you said that there were things you wanted to do, but would not
> unless and until duly authorized. Do you want to keep them on hold?

Would you mind sharing what those things are that he's mentioning that
you want to do?

> o  On the Volunteers list, I made my point a little clearer, in case
>    it had somehow been lost.  I said:
>
>       I'm just picturing Bruce, Alvin, or some other candidate
>       asking me why I unilaterally ignored their candidacies, and
>       realised I have no good answer.  If that seems highhanded
>       for any reason, imagine your and Bruce's situations to be
>       reversed, and reconsider.

If I were in your shoes, and Bruce or Alvin or anyone else approached
me asking something like that, I'd simply reply that I was the
listadmin/sysadmin, and not the "candidate list holder" or in any way
able to ignore or not ignore someone's candidacy.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things?

> I have to wonder:  _Did_ you imagine what it was like if Bruce had
> asked me to disregard your candidacy?  _Did_ you reconsider the ethical
> dilemma you were trying to land me in?

Rick, again, I'm wondering what the pertinence is of whether you
personally do or don't regard or disregard someone's candidacy.

> I'm non-plussed.  Should I have told you "no"?  If neither "yes" nor
> "no" was OK, should I have gone with "mu"?

Maybe you should have asked someone else for advice on how to proceed?
-pbr