[svlug] Officers

William Teeple bill at teeple.tv
Thu Jan 24 22:35:10 PST 2008

Christian - don't speak for 'the group' please.

I support and recognize the appointment - as I did the officer (Paul)
who made it.

We need (not should) ratify the appointment at the next meeting or put
up names and vote and once the vote is cast and people make their
decisions - we as the community should support it and further the
great cause of the LINUX movement.  We need to stop engaging in
political warfare on this list.

Call me old-fashioned, but I believe an organization should have
structure and leaders to help drive the org forward - if you want a
flat-organization with no leaders, go join an alt.news listing or
something and post there.

If not a President, Vice-President etc. then how about a communistic
org with a Linux-Politburo or something?  There should be some
governing body to help run the intricacies and organize the chaos.

My two cents.
Bill

Bill Teeple, MCSE & MCSA
Manager of Information Technologies