[svlug] Black hats declare war on Scientology

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:07:33 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 8:38 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the Slashdot story:
>
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/24/1311252
>
> here is the Digg story:
>
>  http://digg.com/security/Hackers_brutalize_Scientology_s_security_defenses
>
> And here is the really creepy video threatening Scientology.  I would not
> condone what this group is doing by any means.  It is black hat work, but
> all I can say is Scientology really brought it on themselves.  I would NOT
> want to fuck with these people.  Nor, unfortunately, would I want to be
> associated with them.  They are dangerous.  In the extreme.  But it will
> take someone with these kinds of skills to really take it to Scientology.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

With an organization as controversial as Scientology, you have to
admit they had it coming.  The only way to be an organization in that
kind of controversy is to simply open up and let them all inspect your
doings.  This isn't a battle in courts, this is a battle in the public
image, something which cannot be truly defended by privacy.  I think
people assume a worst-case mentality when given information that's
incomplete.  With Scientology's history of nondisclosure, it only
follows that many suspicious citizens are in favor of completely
dismantling the organization.

I'm not stating that they're evil.  I'm not stating that they're good,
either.  I'm stating that I don't know their disposition, but I can
understand the motivations of others in trying to pry open their
history to know what we all crave: truth.

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
http://profile.xfire.com/mrstalinman | John 3:16!