[svlug] New administration

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:55:33 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 7:01 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>

> On Jan 24, 2008 6:29 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Paul remains a member, unless by his own action. I wish to put it to
> > the members whether Paul should be considered a member in good
> > standing, or whether he should be required to demonstrate the
> > sustained ability to be civil first.
>
> IMHO, Paul tried to do a lot of good stuff for SVLUG.  He was just a bit too
> formal for many people here, who seem to prefer a flatter culture.  I didn't
> agree with Paul kicking Darlene off of the list, and I wouldn't agree with
> kicking Paul off of the list.
>
> My two cents.

Thank you. The question was whether Paul should be considered a member
in good standing, or a member not in good standing. Of SVLUG. The
question of list member ship or moderation should be taken up
separately. But civil comments on either question are of course
welcome on this list. (Welcome to me, anyway.)

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/