[svlug] Electing the next set of officers

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:23:11 PST 2008

It sounds like you need some kind of a constitution.  Perhaps you
could write it out as a shell script?

#!/bin/sh

# (C) 2008 Silicon Valley Linux Users Group

# Authenticate user against SQLite3 database of officer password
# login credentials

{{{ magic shell script to use the SQLite3 bash interface }}}

# ask for the users credentials

echo "Speak friend and enter!" ;
prompt "Username: " , $_USER ;
prompt "Password: " , $_PASS ;

and so on and so forth.  I think you could make a world record...
first constitution written in a programming language!  It'd be worth
the laughs if nothing else.

I am serious about a constitution though.  Of course, we'd have to get
you to all ratify it, which would be like getting politicians to talk
about issues...  not gonna happen.

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
http://profile.xfire.com/mrstalinman | John 3:16!