[svlug] FEEDBACK ABOUT SVLUG

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:18:02 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 7:26 PM, pouria <p.mojabi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Hope all is well with all of you guys.
>
> I don't mean to disrespect anyone but I thought this is a Linux
> discussion group. I am kind of new to this group but all I have received
> so far is this b.shit-non-relevant-sarcastic-filthy-language discussions.
> I have already grown allergic to some names, they talk a bout anything
> but Linux

Just mute those threads (if you're using the GMail web interface) to
ignore 'em.  They do this once every four to five months.  You get
used to it.  It's also really entertaining to start participating in
the debate and advocate points.  I guess I'm just a sick mind,
deriving amusement from throwing fuel on a debate.

> I thought I will add to Linux knowledge by joining this group and learn
> form the  experienced members of this group. I am sure there is whole
> lot of potential in this group but its all scam from top to bottom

Oh yeah, they know the most about Linux of everyone I've ever seen on
a mailing list, with the exception of the exceptionally rude Debian
AMD64 mailing list.

> Sorry If I am too direct.

No no, not at all.  These aren't people you need to worry about your
reputation with.  They already have no reputation between themselves
by looks of their political discussions.  Who would know the most
polarizing political debate would be about a webserver?

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
http://profile.xfire.com/mrstalinman | John 3:16!