[svlug] Fwd: vacation - FYI, TTYL, and by all means, don't forget to regularly CYA.

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Thu Jan 24 18:36:40 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:37:35PM -0800, Paul Reiber wrote:
> A number of you appeared quite interested in learning some of the
> details about why/how mailman fell over for so long on our server
> recently.  So... enjoy.

I'm pretty sure I've either fixed or worked around that problem this morning
by spending 15mn to write a few cronjob
exim, mailman, or http should not die and stay dead anymore.

Doesn't mean the server is a great shape, but external services should be
working more reliably now.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/