[svlug] Open mailing Lists?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 24 16:01:27 PST 2008

Quoting Tom Pilot (hman_120 at yahoo.com):

> Not needed. let the list admin figure out what they need to do and the
> list will respond accordingly. This whole idea of polling the list
> with debatable questions and asking ppl what should be the right thing
> to do - does not work. It just yields millions of emails that go to
> /dev/null

I tend to agree with the above (at least in part), but on the other
hand, I certainly didn't mind answering an otherwise good question about
how things are set up -- and am delighted to do so.

(Questions about mailing list configuration, any problems people have,
and curiousity about our _application of our documented policies_ are
always particularly appropriate and welcome on Volunteers -- and I'd
normally suggest, though of course not require,  that they be posted
there rather than here.)