[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:53:38 PST 2008

Paul, your attitude is most unwelcome.

Members: Can we find someplace for such flamage that the rest of us can ignore?

Also, Karen, and others, Please Do Not Feed the Troll. Most of this
post is not worth replying to.

Note, please, below. Paul is no longer President, by his own action. I
am, and Lisa is VP. Thank you, Paul. There is business to be done, but
I will start to discuss it in another thread.

On Jan 24, 2008 11:43 AM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't take the following as confrontational; it's meant simply as
> an attitude adjustment for all of you to consider going forward.

Your advice has been noted, and I am sorry to have to inform you,
discarded. I would, however, like to have that list of potential
hardware donors.

> On Jan 24, 2008 6:50 AM, Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:
> > I am voting for Ed as President and Vice President of svlug.
>
> Oddly enough, no vote is being called.

Oddly enough, a vote has been called.

> > I would like to thank Paul Reiber for his service. [...]
>
> You're welcome!
>
> > Even though I believe he has failed at the most important aspects [...]
>
> Oh... you're NOT welcome!  I met MY goals, and the goals of many others
> within SVLUG, but not YOURS.   So, that means I failed?   Jeesh!
>
> >[...] it is obvious to me that Paul has not been able to move svlug
> > forward in a positive and sustainable way.
>
> It's obvious to ME that SVLUG has refused to be helped; by me or by ANYONE
> for that matter; SVLUG's volunteer team has to eliminate a few "stuck"
> individuals
> before it'll be able to make significant progress on ANYTHING.
>
> > We should all appreciate Paul's energy and enthusiasm [...]
>
> EVERYONE on this list really needs to stop using the word "should" - EVER.
>
> > welcome him back into the membership as a member in good standing.
>
> Karen, you have no authority to welcome or not welcome anyone... and
> no authority
> to state whether anyone else is in "good standing" or not.  Sorry.

Since Karen was not attempting to make an official act, you have no
reason to diss her offer.

I, on the other hand, as President (see below, and other thread) would
like to welcome you back as a member in good standing, but at the
moment, I think we (not I unilaterally) need to put you on probation
until you can demonstrate an ability to be civil. Note, please, that I
have not done that. I am asking the membership for advice.

> > And then let's get svlug back to normal.
>
> Laughable concept.  SVLUG's never been "normal".

I...never mind.

> > I remind Ed that I have offered to donate a very capable server to svlug

Now that I am actually President, I officially accept, subject still
to expert advice from Rick and others. Separate thread, please. I've
already started it.

> A half-dozen sponsors are ready to beat your offer ten-fold, as soon as the
> SVLUG team's capable of handling that.  It's not right now, so I've not taken
> any of those sponsors up on their generous offers, to date.

Yes, list please.

> > While this server currently needs repaired,
>
> It's not very capable if it's broken.  Why make the volunteer team WORK,
> when we can get sponsors to give us machines that aren't broken?!?
>
> > Good luck Ed. I very much appreciate your willingness to step
> > up and do the right thing.
>
> I'm hopeful that Ed will read my recent messages, and take the proper action
> of finding another individual to work at his side as the second officer.
>
> And I'm hopeful he'll do that BEFORE any other team of two leaders approaches
> me, because it's a first-come-first-serve arrangement.
>
> I'll reiterate - as soon as two competent leaders self-identify as willing
> to be SVLUG's officers, I'll simply appoint them both as my last actions
> in office.

I see from another message that Paul has done so.

Ed Cherlin, President
Lisa Corsetti, VP

Congratulations, Lisa.

--