[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:35:18 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 9:18 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2008 4:19 PM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You're quite welcome to take over the asylum...
>
> So it sounds like Paul is leaving his post, which is probably a positive
> thing for this group, as he has been a lightning rod.  And he makes a good
> point here:
>
> > If things go as they have recently, no-one will even have the proper
> > gumption to withstand that barrage

Not really. The whole point is that things will not go as they have
recently. I and Lisa will not be throwing gratuitous insults around.
We will lead where the group wants to go. And a few other things in
that vein.

I expect there to be very sharp technical discussions about SVLUG
server arrangements, with an admixture of arguments over Free Software
purity, but they will no longer be derailed by ad hominem attacks.

Anyway, I think I have the necessary gumption. I have had training by
some of the best. The foofaraw on this list is nothing to some of what
I have witnessed, and occasionally taken part in just for practice.
Back when I was writing a guide for Internet Newbies, I checked out
alt.flame and found it rather tame. Maybe I just visited on an
off-day. Who knows? (Who even cares?)

> Barrage is right.  We quarrell at our own peril, and to our own detriment.

Just so.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/