[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:25:04 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 1:08 PM, Chris DiBona <cdibona at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And then let's get svlug back to normal.
> > Laughable concept.  SVLUG's never been "normal
>
> I couldn't disagree with you more, or frankly be more disappointed in
> a formerly great group.
>
> Chris DiBona

I'm likewise disappointed; that's why I'm moving on at the first opportunity
to replace myself with another leader who will, hopfully, have more patience.

SVLUG's had and lost this opportunity to be grow and flourish; instead, it's
allowed those with non-aligned motives and missions to prevail.  So be it.

I've done my best; now it'll be up to some other motivated individual to
take the reigns from those self-appointed, unremovable volunteers who've
chosen to "help" SVLUG even in the face of being asked to retire from
their positions and go find some other group to "help".

I'd hardly call it "normal" for an organization, sans bylaws, to refuse to
allow its leadership to improve things.

I wish my successors the best of luck with the group, but I have little
hope that they'll do any better than I've been able to do.  Some would
lay the responsibility for SVLUG's current state on my shoulders; those
people do not realize that SVLUG's simply not leadable right now,
by _anyone_.  Certain of the volunteers literally refuse to be led, and
also refuse to resign.

Good day,
-Paul