[svlug] Spelling peeve

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Jan 24 13:21:55 PST 2008

I generally try to be less picky than a compiler and gloss over
spelling error, but when it's in the subject of a long running thread:

Re: [svlug] Hippocracy of the "Governance Committee" and a Call to Action

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrisy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocrates

Unless the title was a pun on a government by doctors:

Hippocratic therapy
A drawing of a Hippocratic bench from a Byzantine edition of Galen's
work in the 2nd century AD
A drawing of a Hippocratic bench from a Byzantine edition of Galen's
work in the 2nd century AD

Hippocratic medicine was humble and passive. The therapeutic approach
was based on "the healing power of nature" ("vis medicatrix naturae"
in Latin). According to this doctrine, the body contains within itself
the power to re-balance the four humours and heal itself (physis).

In which case I apologize for lack of subtlety in my humor circuit.

--
         An intermediate dancer is someone who knows just enough
               to not know what they don't know.