[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:20:23 PST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 6:50 AM, Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:04:33PM -0800, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> > >
> > > Ed... you want to be both President and VP?  VERY Cool!
> >
> > Words fail me.
>
> Hi Ed and all,
>
> I am voting for Ed as President and Vice President of svlug.

Thank you for that vote of confidence. However, Lisa Corsetti has
agreed to run for VP, an offer that has been very well received.

> While I am hoping to attend the meeting to cast this vote in
> person, my schedule is so busy right now that I might not get
> there, so this will serve as my official vote in that case.

I have proposed that SVLUG get an independent election supervisor, and
somebody (Sorry, I like to give credit, but I forget.) proposed
creating a voting page.

> I would like to thank Paul Reiber for his service. Even though
> I believe he has failed at the most important aspects of being
> the President of svlug, it is clear he has put a lot of
> energy and enthusiasm into his efforts as President. That much
> is very positive.

Hear, hear.

> It is just there were too many failures in
> such essential duties as President that it is obvious to me
> that Paul has not been able to move svlug forward in a
> positive and sustainable way.
>
> We should all appreciate Paul's energy and enthusiasm and welcome
> him back into the membership as a member in good standing. And
> then let's get svlug back to normal.

[snip of offer that I will reply to on a separate thread]

> Good luck Ed. I very much appreciate your willingness to step
> up and do the right thing.

I got a button at a Science Fiction convention that says, "Stop me
before I volunteer again" but it doesn't work.

> Thanks,

You are entirely welcome.

--
Edward Cherlin