[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:43:47 PST 2008

Please don't take the following as confrontational; it's meant simply as
an attitude adjustment for all of you to consider going forward.

On Jan 24, 2008 6:50 AM, Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:
> I am voting for Ed as President and Vice President of svlug.

Oddly enough, no vote is being called.

> I would like to thank Paul Reiber for his service. [...]

You're welcome!

> Even though I believe he has failed at the most important aspects [...]

Oh... you're NOT welcome!  I met MY goals, and the goals of many others
within SVLUG, but not YOURS.   So, that means I failed?   Jeesh!

>[...] it is obvious to me that Paul has not been able to move svlug
> forward in a positive and sustainable way.

It's obvious to ME that SVLUG has refused to be helped; by me or by ANYONE
for that matter; SVLUG's volunteer team has to eliminate a few "stuck"
individuals
before it'll be able to make significant progress on ANYTHING.

> We should all appreciate Paul's energy and enthusiasm [...]

EVERYONE on this list really needs to stop using the word "should" - EVER.

> welcome him back into the membership as a member in good standing.

Karen, you have no authority to welcome or not welcome anyone... and
no authority
to state whether anyone else is in "good standing" or not.  Sorry.

> And then let's get svlug back to normal.

Laughable concept.  SVLUG's never been "normal".

> I remind Ed that I have offered to donate a very capable server to svlug

A half-dozen sponsors are ready to beat your offer ten-fold, as soon as the
SVLUG team's capable of handling that.  It's not right now, so I've not taken
any of those sponsors up on their generous offers, to date.

> While this server currently needs repaired,

It's not very capable if it's broken.  Why make the volunteer team WORK,
when we can get sponsors to give us machines that aren't broken?!?

> Good luck Ed. I very much appreciate your willingness to step
> up and do the right thing.

I'm hopeful that Ed will read my recent messages, and take the proper action
of finding another individual to work at his side as the second officer.

And I'm hopeful he'll do that BEFORE any other team of two leaders approaches
me, because it's a first-come-first-serve arrangement.

I'll reiterate - as soon as two competent leaders self-identify as willing
to be SVLUG's officers, I'll simply appoint them both as my last actions
in office.

Good day,
-Paul