[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Karen Shaeffer shaeffer at neuralscape.com
Thu Jan 24 06:50:00 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:04:33PM -0800, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2008 4:19 PM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 2008 3:03 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > That does it.
> > > Paul, I am now running for President.
> > > This farrago of gratuitous insults is shameful.
> >
> > Ed... you want to be both President and VP?  VERY Cool!
>
> Words fail me.

Hi Ed and all,

I am voting for Ed as President and Vice President of svlug.
While I am hoping to attend the meeting to cast this vote in
person, my schedule is so busy right now that I might not get
there, so this will serve as my official vote in that case.

I would like to thank Paul Reiber for his service. Even though
I believe he has failed at the most important aspects of being
the President of svlug, it is clear he has put a lot of
energy and enthusiasm into his efforts as President. That much
is very positive. It is just there were too many failures in
such essential duties as President that it is obvious to me
that Paul has not been able to move svlug forward in a
positive and sustainable way.

We should all appreciate Paul's energy and enthusiasm and welcome
him back into the membership as a member in good standing. And
then let's get svlug back to normal.

I remind Ed that I have offered to donate a very capable server to
svlug, if we need more CPU cycles and I/O capabilities moving
forward. While this server currently needs repaired, I am
willing to give the server to Rick to assess what needs to
be done to restore it. I am also willing to donate the money
to fix the server, if Rick decides to take this offer.

Good luck Ed. I very much appreciate your willingness to step
up and do the right thing.

Thanks,
Karen
--