[svlug] Oh! BTW... (svlug vs. svglug)

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Jan 23 19:43:03 PST 2008

hi ya lisa

> Don Marti wrote:
>
> begin Lisa quotation of Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:42:02PM -0800:
>
> > As part of the last few weeks' governance meetings (held on Thursday
> > evenings --- ask Mark Weisler for details if you'd like to attend), we
> > debated many things --- reaching consensus on most--- including the
> > *possibility* of the organization's name being changed to SVGLUG.  In
> > anticipation of this possibility, I have procured svglug.org,
> > svglug.com, and svglug.net, since they were all available.
>
> Good move.  At least one of the registrars has been
> grabbing domains that users search for and don't
> immediately buy, assuming that enough of them will
> turn into sales to make it worthwhile.

yes.. good move to buy at the time of the searches

	- it would be good to put the "governance meeting"
	info and status online ... probably wiki based ??

do NOT go back the next day or next week, you may find
those domains have been taken by "domain resellers"

which registrar that is reselling these available domains
is a question .. i haven't figured it out yet, but nowdays
what i search for .. i grab at the time
	- i search at about 30 different registrars
	and sometimes in foreign languages..

c ya
alvin