[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:51:01 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 5:04 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [I wrote:]
> > Ed... you want to be both President and VP?  VERY Cool!
>
> Words fail me.

Hiya, Ed!

It's not surprising that you didn't see this coming.  I wasn't sure
myself exactly which way I was going to go and when, until recently,
but I have been weighing the pros and cons of various directions for
quite some time, so I guess I'm a bit jaded as to the implications and
implementation details.

> Thank you for your support.  *<{%-{]}}}

Edward, my friend, I truly believe that assisting you to undertake the
leadership of the SVLUG organization is doing you a considerable
disservice... but if you remain insistent, by all means, I'll hand
over the reigns to you.

Unless, that is, some self-appointed officer-monitor person or other
decides to interject their own particular nonsense onto the equation,
at which point you'll have to deal with that, since I have no
intention of even attempting to do so.

Man... what a quagmire... you're truly welcome to take it off my
hands.  The only thing I urge you to refrain from doing is allowing
others to blame past SVLUG officers and volunteers for _their_ current
dilemmas; I saw altogether too much of that nonsense from altogether
too many volunteers during my term to let that sort of behaviour pass
by without comment.

Best of luck,
-Paul