[svlug] Election at February meeting

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:33:07 PST 2008

I have called for an election. Nobody has done anything in response.
So now I am calling an election myself, for the February meeting, on
Wednesday the 6th.

We apparently have no speaker scheduled. I can give a talk, if members
wish. Other members of the group can talk about Linux and related
technical subjects. Or we can turn the evening over to an airing of
grievances, candidate speeches, and voting.

As you know, I have been running for Vice President, to fill the open
slot. It has become clear that Paul Reiber does not know how to be
polite to people whom he disagrees with. It has become clear that Paul
does not understand how to manage technical volunteers. Many of the
leading members of SVLUG are in open revolt. So I am now running for
President. Paul has recently said that he doesn't care about being
President; and that we need two people to be President and Vice
President in order for him to agree to step down. Two qualified
people. Well, that's your decision, not his.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/