[svlug] SVLUG politics SIG?

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 06:07:45 PST 2008

Hi, John Mark!    Thanks for your insight;  I agree with your assessment.

I have an educational mission that I can achieve with or without the
use of the office of the Presidency of SVLUG, and, truthfully, with or
without SVLUG itself; it's irrelevant to me whether I'm President or
not going forward.

John Mark - are you willing to take the helm of SVLUG yourself?  If
not, and sans presenting a suitable candidate to assume the helm,
you've identified the problem but not identified a workable solution.

I came to the very same conclusion some months ago.

But... SANS VP, I have felt and continue to feel that I would be doing
a disservice to SVLUG if I simply resigned.  There are more than a few
inmates ready to try'n run this asylum; I feel that stepping down
without first ensuring that SVLUG will be well-run, by a qualified
individual or individuals, would be premature, and not in anyone's
best interest.

Best regards,
-pbr