[svlug] VP election

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Wed Jan 23 02:14:10 PST 2008

hi ya ed

> Edward Cherlin wrote:
>
> As your presumptive next Vice President (unless somebody else puts a
> hand up), I would like to call for the question. That is, can we
> announce an election for the February meeting, and then actually hold
> one?

unless there's any objections ...

consider it done ... let's do get all this over with ...

we've had more than 30-days notice of "said upcoming election"

"official duties" to take in effect the same day/evening

i guess your past posts of your "platform" is archived so we
all know what to expect :-)

people should be able to vote for or against by:
a) showing up at the svlug meeting

b) emailing to volunteers at svlug.org indicating for or against

c) somebody else with access to the html tree can create a
   voting page in say 15minutes

c ya
alvin