[svlug] Cooperation (was Re: SVLUG politics SIG?)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:02:08 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 6:23 PM, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, of course - it's easy enough to add new lists in mailman.
>
> Re: the downtime - we dropped the ball - no doubt about it.  The
> volunteer team's not very well coordinated right now; they don't
> seem to be able to work together very well.

Not at all. They're fine with each other. They can't work with *you*, Paul.

> Something or other about how one of them's part of SBAY means
> we don't trust her...

This turns out not to be the case. Heather is quite helpful and
reliable when she knows what she is being asked to do, and mostly gets
on with us except when we start screaming at each other. Or her.

> and something else about how one of them
> is only willing to help if others work the way he wants...

This turns out not to be the case. Rick made a thoughtful, helpful,
generous, and entirely reasonable offer to you, which you failed to
even acknowledge. It *does* involve you not bypassing the sysadmins or
interfering with the servers, though. That's something that I and
others I have talked to also want.

> you know,
> the usual.

Unfortunately, much too usual.