[svlug] [SVLUG-Officers] [volunteers] Fwd: mail problems?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Tue Jan 22 17:18:02 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 04:32:06PM -0800, Paul Reiber wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2008 4:15 PM, Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> wrote:
> > Since I can't post to the other lists, I guess we'll have to use the main list.
>
> Marc, you're most probably not subscribed to the list you're trying to post to.

Right, volunteers that can't be readily contacted. Good way to run things.

> And since you're paying NOTHING to get SVLUG up to the next level
> of server capability, you can certainly wait 'till it's working - on

Paul, I like how you qualify ">$1000 of hardware I gave svlug as"
"NOTHING"

About the said hardware, I didn't really expect but at least a bit more than
none of which is used for anything that's live 15 months later.
However, you never even bothering to replying to several Emails of mine
when my own personal server died of hardware failure and I asked if I could
have a piece of that unused hardware back, in order to rebuild/fix my own
machine, is a lot less that I could ever have expected of you.
Even if you apologize in public now, honestly, or just for show, it
changes nothing.

I can now see that if you treat your other volunteers that way, they aren't
exactly willing to work with you anymore.
So, a great thank you for letting my hardware sit and do nothing visible for
15 months, and not bothering to answer my Email when I asked for personal
help to see if I could get a piece of it back to fix my own dead machine.
(yes, since then I was thankfully able to find something else, and I'm
back up, thanks for asking).

(and for the claims that most of the said hardware wasn't working, they were
debunked. Only one server was known to require some hardware help before
being functional, and still had a perfectly good case, power supply, memory,
drives and so forth)

I wasn't even going to bring this up out of some respect for you, but you
just made me with your comment.

Hopefully this is all I have left to say now.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/