[svlug] Vote of no confidence in the current administration

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 22 17:16:26 PST 2008

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> Yes, IIRC, Rick, together we decided this was the best solution for
> the officers list, so it could be used as a means of communicating
> non-obtrusively with previous SVLUG officers.

You recall in error, FWIW.  I have always thought setting autodiscard is
a bad idea.

> Not discarded - approved.

Not correct:  It and other non-spam posts I've seen cited as being in
the admin queue have failed to show up in the Mailman Web archives.

> I believe the subject line you're speaking of was "minor URL tweak",
> and yes, I approved the message (also, authored it!)

No.  This particular one was from a member, and had an posting
address as something like "togo.net".  (You can re-find the exact sender
address in the logs.)

And no, like several other key volunteers, I am deliberately not
supporting your administration, exactly as stated previously.  (You
recently, in December, declined our offer to resume administration by
non-responding to it.)