[svlug] 12V DC Pc's for Linux?

Scott Hess scott at doubleu.com
Tue Jan 22 14:49:54 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 1:37 AM, John Conover <conover at rahul.net> wrote:
> Anyone know about a PC, (ATX'ish, or smaller,) that will run on 12 V
> DC, (as in a car battery,) that's real, (as opposed to one that's
> announced with no pricing or availability,) and runs Linux?

Poke around http://www.mini-box.com/ (or www.mini-itx.com).  Last fall
I rebuilt my local rsnapshot server using a fanless mini-itx board in
a micro-ATX case using a picoPSU and an external power brick.  It's
been working very well, and is quite as nothing since now there's just
the single 120mm case fan.  It's running Ubuntu LTS (6.10?  6.06?
Something like that).

-scott