[svlug] [volunteers] [Picnic Announce] Reminder: vote by 5PM today on the Linux Picnic (fwd)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 3 14:25:49 PST 2008

Quoting Blair Reiber (blair at reiber.org):

> Rick, please consider moving this discussion to your bay-area-wide,
> multi-lug CABAL list

There is no such list.  (CABAL has a local mailing list called
"conspire".  Description:  General Linux forum for San Francisco Bay
Area's CABAL user group, also gated to local NNTP newsgroup
"cabal.conspire")

> instead of having it here on the SVLUG volunteers list.

Oddly, you've just now cross-posted to svlug at lists.svlug.org(?).  Very
strange.

> I~m sure the discussion will get the attention it needs there, while I
> somehow doubt that~ll happen on the SVLUG list.  I~m unsure as well
> why Mr. Oga chose to comment on this only on the SLVUG volunteers
> list.

Relevance to SVLUG volunteers should be apparent from the appeal made by
Sbay's president on behalf of its summer picnic at the beginning of last
night's SVLUG general meeting.  Anyhow, for those interested -- and in
particular, for members of the various Bay Area LUGs interested in
reviving their traditional picnic:

http://lists.svlug.org/archives/volunteers/2008q1/000750.html
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/volunteers/2008q1/000751.html