[svlug] swap space size

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 18:01:44 PST 2008

Nice article on swap, seems to support my "# of g of ram +999 megabytes" rule. Giving more swap when you have little ram and relatively less for more ram. Eventually you wind up with less swap following this rule when ram gets huge. The big choice is whether you should use current ram or max ram of motherboard as your guide. I'm sticking with 3g despite the fact that my 6100sm-m should handle 2 sticks of 8g when 8g sticks come out.

...Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point From: Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>