[svlug] Bickering

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 2 15:36:58 PST 2008

Quoting Paul Reiber (reiber at gmail.com):

> WT was _not_ an SVLUG sponsor;

Actually, the point was that Warren filled exactly the same role within
Google as Jason T. Collins and Peter Neal did before him -- but ended
that role in a notably different fashion.  In any event, Mark Weisler
did immediately contact Leslie Hawthorn to see if someone else in
Leslie's group can take over.  (Hint:  Asking for one guy to give up
every third Saturday and _every_ Tuesday evening for SVLUG is unwise.)

> Warren was kind enough to help her group out, and we all know how well
> he was received as he tried to help out.

With appropriate appreciation.  However, his complaining about others'
allegedly unfair assumption that he was pushing for incorporation in the
exact _same_ Volunteers message where he was pushing for incorporation
was correctly noted as a bit hypocritical.

While we have you on the line, I noted your recent assertion in this
space that you were going to accept "applications" to form a "council of
advisors" for your humble personage.  Oddly, about a couple of weeks
previously, you were posting about already having such a council (whom
you declined to name).  Did your previous council fall into a bog and
expire?