[svlug] Please register for ELC before the event!

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Fri Apr 11 17:03:54 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

If you are planning on coming to Embedded Linux Conference 2008, and
haven't registered yet, please be advised that the fee at the door
will be $350 ($50 higher) for professional attendees.  We have left
the price the same for hobbyists, but earnestly plead with you to
register in advance anyway!

It helps us immensely with planning (logistics and catering) to have
an accurate count of attendees who are coming.  Please register before
the conference begins, which is next Tuesday, April 15th, in Mountain
View California.

See http://www.embeddedlinuxconference.com/ for conference details.

Remember, we've got Henry Kingman, Andrew Morton, and Tim Bird (that's me)
giving keynotes. And there will be sessions from all kinds of real-world
industry and community developers.  This includes sessions by developers
from the following companies:

   Sony, Samsung, Nokia, Hitachi, LG, Toshiba, NEC, IBM, Philips, Intel,
   Freescale, MontaVista, TimeSys, Lineo Solutions, Embedded Alley and many more!!

One late addition to the conference (not listed on the web site yet) that
I'd like to highlight is the following:

Greg Ungerer - notable maintainer of the uClinux feature set in the Linux
kernel, will be moderating a panel of experts on Wednesday afternoon on
the topic of embedded distributions and embedded build environments.  We have
many leading embedded distribution experts at the conference this year.
This should be a very interesting and enlightening session!  If you have
to build, maintain, or use an embedded distribution in your product (and
that covers just about everyone), you will likely be interested in this
session!

If you're coming, please register now!

Thanks and regards,
  -- Tim Bird

Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Corporation of America