[svlug] Beta testers for the HP Mini-Note

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:49:17 PDT 2008

hi,

If there are any HP people on this list, I would love to talk with you about
having a San Francisco Public Middle School beta test the Linux version of
those boxes.  We already have wifi in the hallways and many of the
classrooms.  We have an Edubuntu Linux lab with 23 thin clients, and we have
about 14 Linux boxes throughout the school in various classrooms.  I would
love to be able to introduce the kids to Linux on these boxes.

For those of you who have not seen the news of HP's low-end Linux "netbook",
it is here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_on_hi_te/hewlett_packard_small_laptops

The /. discussion is here:

http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardware/08/04/08/165249.shtml