[svlug] Monitor calibration, photo processing

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Apr 7 12:33:05 PDT 2008

Larry Colen wrote:
> I finally got a few minutes to try to calibrate the gamma on my
> monitors. I found a program called Monica that seems to do what I
> need, via some links John Conover sent (thanks John).
>
> The page for monica is at:
> http://www.pcbypaul.com/software/monica.html

Assuming I use it to calibrate the monitor, how would the results
compare with what I obtain by using the gamma correction wizard provided
with the NVidia drivers on Windows? (Display Optimization Wizard /
Optimize Gamma / drag the RGB sliders)
It seems like Monica and the NVidia wizard work almost exactly the same.

In the past, I tried to obtain the answer to a simple question, but
nobody seems to know how to do it:
Let's say I've a dual boot machine and on Windows I use the NVidia
wizard to configure the monitor. Then, how do I transfer the individual
RGB gamma settings to Linux? (assuming I'm using the NVidia drivers on
both Windows and Linux)
This is due to the lack of a wizard in the NVidia Linux drivers, which
is almost acceptable if I could use the wizard on Windows then just
transfer the settings to Linux manually.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/