[svlug] Small Cisco Linux Box

Marco Walther marco at sonic.net
Tue Apr 1 19:51:44 PST 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 16:36, Eisenberg, J. David wrote:
> There's a group in southern california that specializes in very small linux
> boxes; at SCALE they had one from Cisco (I think) that costs a fairly small
> amount, and is very compact. Does anyone have any info about that, or the
> group's web site?

Do you mean the Cisco/Linksys WRT54GL ?

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1133202177241&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=7724139789B06

It can be flashed with different Linux based systems;-)

http://openwrt.org/ for one and there are others;-)

I'm running Ubuntu on an appleTV, it fits the `small' (form factor) but it's
not as cheap;-) But that's already almost a PC;-)

Thanks,
-- Marco