[svlug] Comcast & ipv6?

Thomas Carlson tec at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 30 10:22:49 PDT 2007

John,

I'd say no for now.

The big hang up is the CPE(Customer Premise Equipment). Most of the
devices out there now don't support ipv6, and I'm sure comcast would get
many complaints if customers had to buy new equipment; the common user
won't understand the benefits.

If you want to use to use ipv6, there are several places on the internet
that will allow you to tunnel from an ipv4 address(even behind an
NAT(Network Address Translator) to the ipv6 world. I did that on Fedora
3 or 4, and it worked really well.

Cheers and have fun.

Thomas

--