[svlug] Fedora started locking my screen

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:31:31 PDT 2007

hi

On 9/29/07, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:

> Someone, and I've lost the email asked

That was me.

if I was actually hitting
> "apply" when setting the screensaver behavior, and asked for a
> screenshot.
>
> http://red4est.com/lrc/linuxhelp/screensaver.png
>
> I had already gone so far as to set the screen saver. Save the
> settings. Then change the screensaver back to "off".

Larry, have you tried just engaging the screensaver, and ratcheting the time
frame up as high as it will go?

Also,  I notice that you have your screensaver set to blank screen.  I
vaguely seem to recall having a similar issue with KDE misbehaving when the
screensaver was blank, but not when an actual graphical screensaver was
chosen.  I see from your last paragraph above that you have tried setting
the screen saver and then shutting it off, but I am wondering if the screen
saver that you chose was a blank screen, as suggested by the image in the
.png file that you linked.

so try those two things.  First, set an actual screen saver image.  Then try
setting it up really really high in terms of when it kicks in.

BTW, my problems with the screensaver were associated with an earlier
version of SUSE.  So if that is any comfort to you, your problem apparently
is something that might be KDE-related, and not Fedora-related.

Having said that, though, have you thought of moving to Fedora 7?  What
version of KDE is Fedora using?  I'm pretty sure that Fedora 7 comes with
KDE 4.

Good luck!