[svlug] Fedora started locking my screen

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:19:08 PDT 2007

hi

On 9/28/07, Larry Colen <lrc at red4est.com> wrote:

> I'm running FC6, with KDE as a window manager. Since my last update,
> the screen saver has started locking my screen, even though that
> feature is supposedly turned off.

Supposedly might be the operative word here.  You might want to give us a
screenshot of your KDE panel that controls the screen saver.  I suspect you
have not shut it off.  I suspect that you are quitting out of that control
panel before actually applying the changes, and so the default settings
remain.  Just my guess.

For that matter, the screen saver is theoretically turned off in
> control panel, much less it not requiring the password to stop it.

That is the $64k question:  Did you, in fact, succeed in turning it off.
I'm betting you did not.