[svlug] OLPC XO available to public - USB details

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:41:01 PDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/25/2007 01:04 PM, Paul Reiber wrote:
[...]
> > IMHO the XO's very much in a sweet spot right now - great bang for the buck.
>
> My laptop needs are fairly minimal: Firefox (web browsing), Thunderbird
> (e-mail), terminal (ssh to remote machines), and terminal server client
> (vnc/rdp).  Can the XO do those things?

Firefox - off-the-shelf, no - the built-in browser is ECMAscript
compliant though.
Thunderbird - dunno but don't think so.  Haven't played w/ email yet.
Terminal - yes - via developer tools.
Ssh - dunno but probably.
VNC/RDP - dunno but probably not.

However - the proper venue for all of these questions is most probably:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ask_OLPC_a_Question/New

I'm excited as all heck about this machine... biggest negative is how
many times I end up saying "gee, I really don't know... let's find

-Paul Reiber
http://reiber.org