[svlug] local demand for linux talent increasing

SVLUG President president at svlug.org
Thu Sep 20 14:22:09 PDT 2007

Greetings, SVLUG!

Major indicators are that NOW is a good time to look into a job/career
change, especially if you're a capable UNIX/Linux administrator.

My inbox has at least a dozen "Interested in this position?" emails
from various headhunters.

My current employer has some awesome bonuses associated with finding
the right talent for a number of clients who need experienced systems
administrators.

So... if you're not happy with your current situation, or are simply
looking to make a change - now is a good time.

The demand's high right now, and the supply is evidently pretty
limited.  That equals great salaries!

DISCLAIMER:  this is just my personal opinion - if you switch jobs and
hate your new job, it's not my fault! :-)

Best regards,
-Paul Reiber
http://reiber.org