[svlug] with heavy heart, and a sigh - take II

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 17 14:32:30 PDT 2007

Quoting Joe Buck (Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM):

> Since you have this attitude and are also a listmaster for the list,
> I'll just be unsubscribing.

So, since you mentioned it in your parting shot, I _don't_ get any special
dispensations just because I'm sucker enough to devote a bunch of time,
each and every day, taking care of keeping SVLUG's mailing lists
operational.  Which time sink, as usual, I'll be glad to cease
volunteering to do, any time SVLUG wishes.

And, getting back to your main point, I carefully make sure I get no
special privileges on the half-dozen other Linux and BSD groups' mailing
lists I run for them, because nobody else can be bothered, either.

(You may have noticed from Raffi and Alvin's separate bits of hysteria,
and now Heather's, that everyone gets free crazed shots at the listadmin
personally, with zero consequence other than getting refuted -- which I
like to think makes a refreshing contrast with other, less open groups.)