[svlug] with heavy heart, and a sigh - take II

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 17 13:37:33 PDT 2007

Quoting Joe Buck (Joe.Buck at synopsys.COM):

> So put your answer on a blog somewhere and point people there.

I don't "blog" (ew!), but might create a FAQ page, depending on whether
this crap keeps being propagated.

> Stop sending 200-line messages to this list saying the same thing
> again and again.

This I was _not_ doing.  I specifically refuted the key part of
Heather's bizarre weekend posting, the new post-hoc groupthink
rationalising, that attempted to hide the backstabbing behind other
people who were in truth not even informed until after.  (Other bits,
such as the convenient post-hoc allegations about my "personal attacks
on some of the Picnic's most visible volunteers", can be readily
understood as tactical fibbing by anyone consulting relevant list
archives.)

> You've then set the record straight without continuing to destroy this
> list.

Calmly correcting, in the same medium, some careless and convenient
factual errors isn't going to destroy anything but a few innocent
electrons.