[svlug] Install Intel pro 3945 Wireless card on Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop; running SUSE10.0

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Mon Sep 17 00:28:41 PDT 2007

Afroze Mohammad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install Intel pro 3945 Wireless card on Dell Inspiron
> E1405 laptop; running SUSE10.0. I downloaded the network card driver and
> I am trying to install it, but, I am getting these
>
> ================
>
> Makefile:20:
> Makefile:21: WARNING: $SHELL not set to bash.
> Makefile:22: If you experience build errors, try
> Makefile:23: 'make SHELL=/bin/bash'.
> Makefile:24:
> Kernel Makefile not found at '/lib/modules/2.6.13-15.16-smp/source'
> make: *** [compatible/kversion] Error 1

Isn't there a dkms driver rpm for that chipset?  I know there is for
fedora (available from freshrpms.net) but not sure about Suse.

--
Drew Bertola

*   PHP/LAMP Consultant, ZCE-1000               *
*   Tel: 408-966-6671                           *
*   current resume:                             *
*   http://drewb.com/resume.pdf                 *