[svlug] url to pdf

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sat Sep 1 10:51:46 PDT 2007

John Chippu wrote:
> Given a url I want to download the stuff and put it
> into a pdf. I queried on google but couldn't get
> anything useful. Perhaps I didnt do a good job of
> searching on google, but can I ask for some suggestions?
>
> something along the lines of: install a pdf writer as
> a printer and use firefox command line to print a url to
> pdf...or something even simpler if any.
>
>   thx
>   -jc

John,

Look at the man pages for wget, there are many options.
I don't know which ones you need. Then pipe the output of
wget to get a PostScript file (I can't think of what gives
you the PostScript file off the top of my head), then pipe
the PostScript file through ps2pdf to get the pdf file.
You could send the url as a parameter to the script.

Is this kind of what you are looking for?