[svlug] Fwd: Ripping DVDs ... and MythTV

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:31:25 PST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 1:33 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Curious.
>
> Why was a posting with a 114 kB source-code attachment (that should have
> been pointed to by URL rather than pushed out to an entire mailing list
> of hundreds of people) manually approved on a mailing list with a
> deliberate 40kB limit policy?
>
> It's almost as if someone clueless is trying to do list administration.

Someone had asked previously about dd and encrypted DVD discs.  So I
forwarded along a thread from Boston LUG.  Yes, the attachments
probably should not have been pushed to everyone if the limit was
lower than what was received...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."