[svlug] Announcement: VP transition - resolved

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri Nov 30 17:59:10 PST 2007

hi ya paul

sounds like its resolved than

> Paul Reiber wrote:
>
> On Nov 30, 2007 3:50 PM, Alvin Oga <alvin at mail.linux-consulting.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry, Alvin, that's REALLY REALLY REALLY FAR from what I actually
> said - no putting words in my mouth, OK? I said the FIGHT would
> decimate the group.

okay about semantics ..

> I.e. that people on the list will get fed up with
> the in-fighting and leave.

dude, if you haven't noticed, lots of major volunteers already left ...

> Nah... you're seeing a problem where there isn't one.

the problem is... there will be a vote by the community

the problem is... others will be given an opportunity to run for VP
  if they so desire ...

usually there have not been any opposing party

> I'm positive I mentioned in at least one message today that the
> membership can ratify Warren's appointment, or not, if that's what the
> membership wants to do.  I'd never stop something like that - if
> people feel they need to vote and approve the appointment, I'm all for
> that.

good .. so than it is settled ... the svlug community will
vote for the VP either on Dec 5 or vote on jan 2 meeting

depending on if there are others that want to run for the job

as was mentioned by others, if you want to run for VP,
please speak up ... if you're still reading this thread,
personally, paul, you should post a new RFC in a new thread
to solicit other wanna be VPs

> but the "right
> way" for SVLUG to proceed is somewhat up in the air right now

its not up in the air or not defined ..

its always been done a particular way and documented as such,
except one of the major rules have been compromised in that
documents and archives seems to be missing making it harder
tofind these "voting" policies and proceedures and length
of terms of the isanity

c ya
alvin