[svlug] Of calming down and bylaws

Warren Turkal wturkal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:53:34 PST 2007

Everyone,

I think that we need to step back for a second and calm down. I was
not entirely aware of all the traditions in the group, but I'd be more
than willing to stand for vote. I don't want it to look like I am
trying to usurp power or anything. Also, I think that this situation
brings to light the need for a guiding document so that we don't have
to go on gut feelings about what to do in the future.

I am very interested in spearheading an effort to get bylaws written.
I am even interested in helping with articles of incorporation and
filing for 501(c)3 status.However, I don't think the the current
officers have such a tainted interest that they cannot participate in
the generation of said documents.

wt